The ultimate resource for malware removal and virus protection
Antispyware XP is another one of the scareware tools referring to Windows Defender 2010 malware family. It is hardly any different from its precursors and, as the denomination hints, injects Windows XP Operating System. Antispyware XP spreads via the use of backdoor trojan horses that manage to find and exploit system splits and different kinds of security flaws of the targeted PC. The intrusion of this unsafe program usually passes by your attention because of the obscure nature of this scamware. Antispyware XP will be definitely getting on your nerves because it generates huge amounts of fake popup notifications and other deceptive items such as the fabricated scan reports (see the picture below). Such activity pursues the scareware’s goal to frighten you and get you thinking there is something seriously wrong with your machine. Antispyware XP indicates that it has found numerous infected files and a bunch of other parasites on your computer. If this user brainwashing turns out successful, chances are the victim ends up installing Antispyware XP and purchasing its license thus surrendering to the nefarious plans of cyber crooks. Also, Antispyware XP tends to take control of your web-surfing activity and hijacks your browser. Consequently, you will have hard time trying to access websites as Antispyware XP will issue bogus warning ads telling you that your browser is infected. So you may discover that the only site you are able to hit is one promoting Antispyware XP commercial version. Antispyware XP may as well keep you from using programs which may pose a threat to its existence on your PC. It will try to block your attempts to run antivirus executables and similar processes. Considering Antispyware XP hampering your removal endeavors, it may be needed to follow the uninstall procedure in Safe Mode with Networking which is accessed through F8 if pushed repeatedly during computer reboot. Safe Mode may prevent Antispyware XP’s processes from running thus enabling you to download cleaners or manually delete some files related to the rogueware in question. For exhaustive information on Antispyware XP removal, please see the manual/automatic cleaning tips below.
Malware Type: Rogue Anti-Spyware
Malware Author: Unknown
Threat Level: Critical
Advice: Immediately remove and scan for additional malware
Antispyware XP Free Scanner and Remover: Download Now
Antispyware XP Screenshot:
How to remove Antispyware XP manually:
Manual removal of Antispyware XP is a feasible objective if you have sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries.
The files to be deleted are listed below:
The registry entries that need to be removed are as follows:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\secfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%Program Files%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%Program Files%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” -safe-mode
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%Program Files%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “AntiVirusOverride” = “1″
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “FirewallOverride” = “1″
Please, be aware that manual removal of Antispyware XP is a cumbersome process and does not always ensure complete deletion of the malware, due to the fact that some files might be hidden or may get reanimated automatically afterwards. Moreover, manual interference of this kind may cause damage to the system. That’s why we strongly recommend automatic removal Antispyware XP, which will save your time and enable avoiding any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.
|Download Antispyware XP Automatic Remover|