The ultimate resource for malware removal and virus protection
The scamware distributions industry is not idle, Antivirus XP 2010 rogue antivirus program being an exemplification of this unfortunate process. Antivirus XP 2010 scareware gets rather corrosive if it embeds its corrupt malcode into a system or network it chooses to compromise. As we were analyzing this fake threat remover it became apparent that Antivirus XP 2010 is not easy to get rid of. It integrates so deep into your system structure that Windows is forced to believe this software is friendly. Therefore Antivirus XP 2010 prevents the victim from removing it by disabling the usage of executables, in particular those which are in some way related to known legitimate security utilities. When Antivirus XP 2010 is running on your machine, it will overload your system with lots of exaggerated ads which try to look as trusty as possible. However, Antivirus XP 2010 never displays true security results in its scan reports and alerts. You can see one of the deceptive scanners triggered by Antivirus XP 2010 below. It’s a completely fake one, just like the rest of this rogueware-generated information. The real purpose of Antivirus XP 2010 is far from what it declares; it doesn’t and can’t find or remove computer infections. Antivirus XP 2010 aims to push you to the edge by recommending you to pay for its activation. It goes without saying that Antivirus XP 2010 is to be removed on the early stage of its PC disruptions activity. To get rid of Antivirus XP 2010 you should use our instructions in Safe Mode. Do not waste your time and make it fast to keep Antivirus XP 2010 from damaging your system.
Malware Type: Rogue Anti-Spyware
Malware Author: Unknown
Threat Level: Critical
Advice: Immediately remove and scan for additional malware
Antivirus XP 2010 Free Scanner and Remover: Download Now
Antivirus XP 2010 Screenshot:
How to remove Antivirus XP 2010 manually:
Manual removal of Antivirus XP 2010 is a feasible objective if you have sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries.
The files to be deleted are listed below:
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\av.exe
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\WRblt8464P
The registry entries that need to be removed are as follows:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\secfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “firefox.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “firefox.exe” -safe-mode
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “iexplore.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “AntiVirusOverride” = “1″
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “FirewallOverride” = “1″
Please, be aware that manual removal of Antivirus XP 2010 is a cumbersome process and does not always ensure complete deletion of the malware, due to the fact that some files might be hidden or may get reanimated automatically afterwards. Moreover, manual interference of this kind may cause damage to the system. That’s why we strongly recommend automatic removal Antivirus XP 2010, which will save your time and enable avoiding any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.
|Download Antivirus XP 2010 Automatic Remover|
Like This Article? Let Others Know!
Post a Comment:
- January 31, 2010
- 0 comments