The ultimate resource for malware removal and virus protection
Soft Stronghold (also known as SoftStronghold) is worse than a regular malware application; it’s a rogue anti-spyware program and thus uses quite sophisticated tactics to bring big profit to its fraudulent vendors. Soft Stronghold belong to the WiniGuard rogueware family which was earlier represented by Soft Stronghold, Soft Cop, Soft Soldier and around 25 other very similar and potentially unwanted programs. Soft Stronghold does not hesitate to infiltrate one’s computer system without waiting for user approval so it infects PCs in a straightforward manner. Having made it successfully onto your computer, Soft Stronghold makes its way to the depths of your file system and purposefully creates its own files in order to detect them later as parasites. Additionally, Soft Stronghold drops some registry keys to make the infected system launch it’s the rogue’s corrupted executable at startup. Eventually, you will be hardly able to use your computer afterwards due to Soft Stronghold fake alerts and scanners that run each time you boot your machine up. All those ads claim your PC is in danger because it contains numerous signs of viruses and security risks. Such tricky tactics are common with rogue anti-spywares; they aim to make the confused user buy the rogue license to fix the purported errors. Besides, Soft Stronghold damages the contaminated system by lowering its processing capability. Do not let Soft Stronghold trick you and ruin your system so uninstall it ASAP if detected on your computer.
Malware Type: Rogue Anti-Spyware
Malware Author: Unknown
Threat Level: Critical
Advice: Immediately remove and scan for additional malware
Soft Stronghold Free Scanner and Remover: Download Now
Soft Stronghold Screenshot:
How to remove Soft Stronghold manually:
Manual removal of Soft Stronghold is a feasible objective if you have sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries.
The files to be deleted are listed below:
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Desktop\SoftStronghold.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SoftStronghold
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SoftStronghold\1 SoftStronghold.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SoftStronghold\2 Homepage.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SoftStronghold\3 Uninstall.lnk
- %Program Files%\SoftStronghold Software
- %Program Files%\SoftStronghold Software\SoftStronghold
- %Program Files%\SoftStronghold Software\SoftStronghold\SoftStronghold.exe
- %Program Files%\SoftStronghold Software\SoftStronghold\uninstall.exe
The registry entries that need to be removed are as follows:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “akx4.tmp.exe”
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “SoftStronghold”
Please, be aware that manual removal of Soft Stronghold is a cumbersome process and does not always ensure complete deletion of the malware, due to the fact that some files might be hidden or may get reanimated automatically afterwards. Moreover, manual interference of this kind may cause damage to the system. That’s why we strongly recommend automatic removal Soft Stronghold, which will save your time and enable avoiding any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.
|Download Soft Stronghold Remover|
Like This Article? Let Others Know!
Post a Comment:
- October 23, 2009
- 0 comments