The ultimate resource for malware removal and virus protection
Vista Guardian (aka Vista Guardian 2010) is a very wrong program to download. The big problem about this software though is that it often appears on your machine by means of unauthorized intrusion, i.e. without asking for your permission. Vista Guardian mostly propagates via contagious files bundled with trojans of different types. It’s thanks to trojan viruses that Vista Guardian can safely make its way into a random system without having to notify the to-be victim. Vista Guardian will configure the system it compromises to run admittedly falsified virus scans after system start. The scanners will be constantly complemented by ads like system tray alerts and balloon messages telling you that your computer is in need of antivirus assistances or else it may crash. Vista Guardian reports the spotting of some hazardous malware in order to seem effective. Vista Guardian can’t help detect and remove any spyware since it’s a fake. The program is nothing but malware that generates pre-defined reports testifying to insufficient defense of your system. To get you purchasing it, Vista Guardian will direct you to web pages of its own which are designed for users to complete registration of this scamware. It’s a must to abstain from paying for the services of Vista Guardian. This application is liar and can even ruin your computer system unless eliminated from it. Having tested Vista Guardian rogue on our lab machine we singled out some tips that should help remove this malware. Please see the additional description below to get more information.
Malware Type: Rogue Anti-Spyware
Malware Author: Unknown
Threat Level: Critical
Advice: Immediately remove and scan for additional malware
Vista Guardian Free Scanner and Remover: Download Now
Vista Guardian Screenshot:
How to remove Vista Guardian manually:
Manual removal of Vista Guardian is a feasible objective if you have sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries.
The files to be deleted are listed below:
The registry entries that need to be removed are as follows:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\secfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “firefox.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “firefox.exe” -safe-mode
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “av.exe” /START “iexplore.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “AntiVirusOverride” = “1″
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “FirewallOverride” = “1″
Please, be aware that manual removal of Vista Guardian is a cumbersome process and does not always ensure complete deletion of the malware, due to the fact that some files might be hidden or may get reanimated automatically afterwards. Moreover, manual interference of this kind may cause damage to the system. That’s why we strongly recommend automatic removal Vista Guardian, which will save your time and enable avoiding any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.
|Download Vista Guardian Automatic Remover|