The ultimate resource for malware removal and virus protection
XP Antispyware 2011 software is going along the wrong path of tricking people. It is a part of the combo rogueware campaign that is also represented by the XP Security 2011 and a number of functionally very similar badware applications which we described a bit more than week ago. All of these scarewares share a look-alike GUI and some features that enable us to refer them to the same family. Another characteristic feature of this type of malware is that it’s based on the exact same bad process Pw.exe which exhibits itself differently depending on the compromised Operating System. XP Antispyware 2011 behaves aggressively and even impudently as it settles down inside your computer. It advances from displaying some fake security pop-ups to running alleged malware scans. These counterfeit adware components report malicious activity on your machine, thus indirectly prompting you to remove the supposed infections. But since these detections are not real, there is in fact nothing to remove but XP Antispyware 2011 rogue AV itself. You can now conclude that this rogue simply tries to persuade you there is something potential harmful on your computer and then make you buy its license to take care of the purported threats. You should in no case fall for the tactic employed by XP Antispyware 2011 otherwise you may soon enough realize you’ve been scammed. XP Antispyware 2011 is definitely not your guardian in combating malware, so you should definitely ignore its alerts and the rest of the scam techniques that it applies. There is one and only right way to stick to when dealing with XP Antispyware 2011. It’s advised to get rid of this phony antivirus solution at once and for good. Please see below to review XP Antispyware 2011 uninstall guide.
Malware Type: Rogue Anti-Spyware
Malware Author: Unknown
Threat Level: Critical
Advice: Immediately remove and scan for additional malware
XP Antispyware 2011 Free Scanner and Remover: Download Now
XP Antispyware 2011 Screenshot:
How to remove XP Antispyware 2011 manually:
Manual removal of XP Antispyware 2011 is a feasible objective if you have sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries.
The files to be deleted are listed below:
- %Documents and Settings%\Local Settings\Application Data\opRSK
- %Documents and Settings%\Local Settings\Application Data\pw.exe
- %Documents and Settings%\Local Settings\Application Data\MSASCui.exe
- %Documents and Settings%\AppData\Local\opRSK
- %Documents and Settings%\AppData\Local\pw.exe
- %Documents and Settings%\AppData\Local\MSASCui.exe
The registry entries that need to be removed are as follows:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\pw.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\pw.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\pw.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pezfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\pw.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\pw.exe” /START “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\pw.exe” /START “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” -safe-mode
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\pw.exe” /START “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “AntiVirusOverride” = “1″
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “FirewallOverride” = “1″
Please be aware that manual removal of XP Antispyware 2011 is a cumbersome process and does not always ensure complete deletion of the malware, due to the fact that some files might be hidden or may get reanimated automatically afterwards. Moreover, manual interference of this kind may cause damage to the system. That’s why we strongly recommend automatic removal XP Antispyware 2011, which will save your time and enable avoiding any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.
|Download XP Antispyware 2011 Automatic Remover|
Like This Article? Let Others Know!
Post a Comment:
- November 23, 2010
- 1 comment