The ultimate resource for malware removal and virus protection
The only feedback about XP Defender Pro is about how annoying, aggressive and dangerous this software is. Indeed, XP Defender Pro appears to be a fake malware removal tool possessing all the inherent traits of scareware. It accesses your computer in a covert manner, i.e. through trojan-assisted intrusion that usually remains unnoticed until the major part of this parasite’s filthy job is done. Without deviating from the ‘traditions’, XP Defender Pro issues admittedly false popup alerts and fabricated scanners that report some imaginary infections. This way, the malware attempts to get your trust. Once it succeeds, it will attend to giving you some prompts as to how you can get rid of the infections it had kind of detected. The truth is XP Defender Pro deliberately frames up virus interception reports in order to get you believing that your computer is in danger. In the meanwhile, there is probably no other infection on your workstation but XP Defender Pro itself. Hackers have invented this rogue anti-spyware product with one basic intension – to get some money from you. XP Defender Pro is all about repeatedly recommending people to buy its licensed product that is promised to be of great help for tackling trojans, malware, adware, viruses and other parasites. You should stop XP Defender Pro at the initial stage of its activity or else it may have you suffer the consequences. XP Defender Pro will deteriorate system performance and prevent you from surfing the Internet normally. Moreover, this scam tool is likely to promote other infections on to your machine. Do you feel like having that sort of an ‘anti-spyware’ solution at your disposal? We didn’t thing so. Please stick to our tutorial in order to remove XP Defender Pro from your computer for good.
Malware Type: Rogue Anti-Spyware
Malware Author: Unknown
Threat Level: Critical
Advice: Immediately remove and scan for additional malware
XP Defender Pro Free Scanner and Remover: Download Now
XP Defender Pro Screenshot:
How to remove XP Defender Pro manually:
Manual removal of XP Defender Pro is a feasible objective if you have sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries.
The files to be deleted are listed below:
The registry entries that need to be removed are as follows:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\secfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%1″ %*
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%Program Files%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%Program Files%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” -safe-mode
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%Program Files%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “AntiVirusOverride” = “1″
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center “FirewallOverride” = “1″
Please, be aware that manual removal of XP Defender Pro is a cumbersome process and does not always ensure complete deletion of the malware, due to the fact that some files might be hidden or may get reanimated automatically afterwards. Moreover, manual interference of this kind may cause damage to the system. That’s why we strongly recommend automatic removal XP Defender Pro, which will save your time and enable avoiding any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.
|Download XP Defender Pro Automatic Remover|
Like This Article? Let Others Know!
Post a Comment:
- March 17, 2010
- 1 comment