The ultimate resource for malware removal and virus protection
One of the known cyber gangs has recently launched a brand-new campaign promoting the mischievous program called OpenCloud Security. This application incorporates the basics of rogue anti-spyware methodology, being almost imperceptible during intrusion and really persuasive while running on your computer. We have already mentioned this utility is a rogue but what does that mean? This term is applied to describe a type of computer tools designed to make users believe their PCs are unsafe and eventually compel them to register the licensed copy in exchange for ensuring a ‘100 percent efficient’ virus removal process. Certainly, the cleaning itself won’t take place because OpenCloud Security does not have the necessary instruments to find real infections and terminate their existence on your machine. But how come this scamware lists that many viruses, spyware objects, keyloggers etc.? This is a pretending part of its job. The app was initially coded to provide its victims with false malware interception reports following the fake scanners that usually get triggered after startup. Therefore, no matter how obtrusively OpenCloud Security may state that Windows is in danger, do not regard this message as a genuine one. Like we said, it’s easy to explain the motives of this fraud solution. It is like a rod helping its masters catch some fish from a pond. Now, we advise you break this ‘rod’ into pieces, i.e. get rid of OpenCloud Security parasite immediately.
Malware Type: Rogue Anti-Spyware
Severity Level: Critical
Advice: Immediately remove and scan for additional malware
OpenCloud Security Free Scanner and Remover: Download Now
OpenCloud Security GUI Screenshot:
How to remove OpenCloud Security manually:
Manual removal of this malware is a feasible objective if you have sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries.
The files to be deleted are listed below:
- %Documents and Settings%\[User Name]\Application Data\OpenCloud Security\
- %Documents and Settings%\[User Name]\Application Data\OpenCloud Security\OpenCloud Security.exe
- %Documents and Settings%\[User Name]\Application Data\OpenCloud Security\OpenCloud Security.ico
- %Documents and Settings%\[User Name]\Application Data\OpenCloud Security\wf.conf
- %Documents and Settings%\[User Name]\Start Menu\Programs\OpenCloud Security\
- %Documents and Settings%\[User Name]\Start Menu\Programs\OpenCloud Security\OpenCloud Security.lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\[User Name]\Desktop\OpenCloud Security.lnk
The registry entries that need to be removed are as follows:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command “(Default)” = ‘C:\Program Files\conhost.exe “%1″ %*’
Please be aware that manual removal of OpenCloud Security is a cumbersome process and does not always ensure complete deletion of the malware, due to the fact that some files might be hidden or may get reanimated automatically afterwards. Moreover, manual interference of this kind may cause damage to the system. That’s why we strongly recommend automatic removal OpenCloud Security, which will save your time and enable avoiding any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.
|Download OpenCloud Security Automatic Remover|
Like This Article? Let Others Know!
Post a Comment:
- September 4, 2011
- 0 comments